Saturday, July 14, 2007

Walking

So I know I have mentioned already that my dad has taken a few steps, but now that he is home I can personally account for his progress. I went to the hospital to see him on Friday and was fortunate to see him walk all the way from the rehab gym to his room. we have guestimated that this was 400 ft. He told me that he was trying really hard to stand up straight and I told him I thought he looked like he was straight the entire walk...this brought a huge smile to his face. In fact, he wanted to make sure I posted this momentus walk as it is something of which he is very proud.
His journey to Phoenix from LA was one he is trying to forget. It took ten hours because of some bad directions and some of is was done without a/c. I guess the bed was way too skinny for him and the bard were digging into his side. It took a day for him to recover and get his spirits back up but when I saw him on Friday he was rearing to ge the rehab done.
Tomorrow, Sunday, we are all getting together at the hospital to eat a hospital food Sunday dinner and watch a movie in his room. He gets tired easily so the movie will keep us quiet if he does fall asleep and allow him to get the rest he needs.
I guess right now the nights are the toughest. He gets really bad back spasms that he says really bring him back to reality, his body gets tight, and he can't get comfortable. But I am reporting all of your thoughts and prayers to him adn I know that keeps him positive and moving. As always, thankyou for the love and support that we feel continually. I know my dad returns all of the love. He has especailly always loved his nieces & nephews and the fun he has had with them over the years...and will definately continue to have again.

1 comment:

Daniel B. said...

Will, its so good to hear your progress. As soon as we heard, Britt and I knelt in prayer to seek your fast recovery. It was an emotional experience, somewhat to my surprise. I guess I felt impressed by the strength of your optimism and faith; if there is ever anyone who "can," I have always known Uncle Will is that person. I am so glad to hear it starting, if slowly.

Please keep us updated. We are eagerly praying for you recovery.