Sunday, July 15, 2007

some encouraging words

Hey Poppa! I know you are reading this so I want you to know that I love you with all of my heart and I am thinking and praying for you constantly. Today in church we talked about the garden of Gethsemene and i couldn't help but think of you. Even though I knew that the atonement could help lighten the burden you are carrying, I didn't exactly know how. Well if you remember, when Christ was in the Garden he asked three times for Christ to "take this cup from me". God had the power and yet loved us enough to tell his son whom he knew better than we will probably ever know anyone, No. Even though he said no, Christ was not alone, he had his father and God sent an angel. I tell you this for a couple of reasons. when God allowed Christ to suffer, he showed great restraint and sacrifice so that christ could experience the atonement. I imagine that Heavenly Father with all the desire in his heart, wanted to protect you from your accident, but, because he loved you, he showed restraint. He promised you that you could have your agency and come to earth, and you fought for it in the premortal existence, and now you can return home someday and be made perfect through christ. However, eventhough Heavenly Father allowed this to happen to you, in other words, said no to a constant prayer of safety, he will not leave you alone, and in many instances will send you angels. Dad, Heavenly Father knows that your time of need is not over, and he will not leave you, he is in the midst of you.
Another thing that i learned today that i did not previously know was that Christ experienced everything on the cross that he had previously experienced in the Garden of Gethsemene, but in a more condensed time frame. However, this time God did have to leave the Savior. This was the first time that Christ had ever been without the lords spirit. I thought how lonely and difficult the Lord must have felt at this point, until a woman pointed out that this time as Christ experienced this, God knew he could handle it. He watched him in the Garden of Gethsemene and knew that the Lord was strong enough. Dad, Just like you said, Heavenly Father will not give you anything that you cannot overcome, and everything shall be for your good. I am so proud of you, and your positive attitude. Everytime I call you are sure to give me the update and assure me that you are working hard. I know you are. Do you know how to work any other way!hehe, I miss you like crazy and I love you and mom very very much. Oh and all this is ditto to mommy because I know that Heavenly Father is there with her as she is puting so much faith in him. I love you guys P.S I am super jealous aobut your guys fun family dinner tonight in the rehab center!eeeee( thats emylee Jason language for i am smiling!)

7 comments:

Therin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Therin said...

Will, I want you to know what an inspiration you are to me. I have always admired the relationship that you have with your sons. I have tried to model many of your attributes in the relationships with my own sons. You are truly a caring person, and we all care about you. You are in our prayers every day, and it is such a blessing to see the Lord responding so quickly to our petition in your behalf.
- Therin Dastrup

Scott said...

Will,

It's wonderful to hear of your progress. I am so thankful that this blog has been made to keep us up to date with your recovery.

We will continue to keep your family in our thoughts and prayers, and I'm sure we're not the only ones to put your family's names on the prayer roll of the temple.

Reading Emilee's post reminded me of a statement made by Brigham Young a long time ago, which you may already be well familiar with, but I thought I'd post it in here anyway.

Lots of love,
Scott & Holly Turner

"All intelligent beings who are crowned with crowns of glory, immortality, and eternal lives must pass through every ordeal appointed for intelligent beings to pass through, to gain their glory and exaltation. Every calamity that can come upon mortal beings will be suffered to come upon the few, to prepare them to enjoy the presence of the Lord. If we obtain the glory that Abraham obtained, we must do so by the same means that he did. If we are ever prepared to enjoy the society of Enoch, Noah, Melchizedek, Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, or of their faithful children, and of the faithful Prophets and Apostles, we must pass through the same experience, and gain the knowledge, intelligence, and endowments that will prepare us to enter into the celestial kingdom of our Father and God. How many of the Latter-day Saints will endure all these things, and be prepared to enjoy the presence of the Father and the Son? You can answer that question at your leisure. Every trial and experience you have passed through is necessary for your salvation."
-- Brigham Young

Therin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Therin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Therin said...

I have just had one of the most spiritual experience of my life. I had the opportunity to go take the sacrament to Will at the rehab center, along with George Reeves. When I first walked into the room and saw Will with the halo screwed to his head, I must have had one heck of a look on my face, as the first thing Will said was that it wasn’t as bad as it looked. That’s Will. Always positive. After Will recounted his incredible near-death experience, we prepared to give him the sacrament. Will insisted on sitting up. It was a bit of a struggle to get up, but with loving hands to lift and support him, he was able to sit up on the edge of the bed. George blessed the sacrament bread and gave a piece to Kathy. Then he placed a piece for Will on a plate on his lap. With the tender guiding hand of his loving wife, along with her words of encouragement, Will was able to grasp the piece of bread in his fingers and lift it up to his mouth. As he struggled to get the bread into his mouth, I marveled at the great blessing, indeed, at the miracle that I was witnessing. As he ate the bread, the room was filled with the Spirit and Kathy and Will embraced as tears streamed down their faces. I then had the opportunity to bless the water and pass it to Kathy. After drinking her cup, she pressed the other cup to Will’s lips and he drank. It was a beautiful experience as we contemplated the great sacrifice of our Lord and Savior. I can not think of any other experiences where taking the sacrament was such an emotional and spiritual experience. One that I shall not soon forget. - Therin Dastrup

natalie camp said...

Will,
It was so good seeing you last night. I will try and visit once more before i move. You are truely amazing and have a smile that is contagious. Such a positive spirit, anyone who walked in the room felt it. I loved hearing your testimony. It helped me more than you know. And you and your family have blessed my life in so many ways thats its undescribable the love i have felt. I will truely miss all of you but i will keep in touch, obviously, and visit. :) Thanks for all you have done for me. You are such a strong person and i admire that so much. Your awesome, i will miss you, and you are and will always be in my thoguhts and prayers. I love you so much! keep holding in there. The Lord is always by your side.
natalie camp