Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Dad The Champion

A couple nights before my dad was able to be transported to the rehab center , he talked to Taylor on the phone. At the time, Taylor was at EFY. My dad gave him instructions to get as many girls numbers as he could find, and if he was having trouble getting a particular number, he should use the sympathy close.."my dad was just in an accident, and i need a hug". My dad definatley knows how to make lemons into lemonade. well taylor started telling my dad about a speaker he heard at EFY. This man broke his neck at a young age, and after a long recovery was hit by a car. Taylor relayed to my dad that we all need to find the champion within us. My dads automatic reply was, "Taylor you have already found the champion within you. You were strong for me, and then even though it was hard for you to leave me, you did, and now you are at EFY." I told my Dad. " I think thats exactly how taylor feels about you". My Dad is a champion. If you were standing on the other side of the curtain and could only hear his voice, you wouldn't beleive all that he is going through. He kept us in stiches, and had the nurses melting after every sincere thankyou. my Dad is the most greatful person I know, and probably the most loved. thankyou to all your prayers. They were heard.

2 comments:

Anjuli Fry said...

Thanks again for posting. Everytime I read this I almost start crying. I guess I am feeling some emotions all over again. My father in law was in a head on collusion over 18 months ago and he is still recovering. He had a major brain injury so he doesn't remember anything from before the accident including his sons or wife. He is very much like a child now and is relearning everything!! We still have to remind him of who we are but at least he is slowly getting better. I just believe so much in the power of the priesthood and know this is another miracle that I have seen. The doctors said my father in law would never walk or talk again and now he is doing both, then there is Hava's fall and incredable recovery and to hear that Uncle Will is recovering it is overwelming sometimes.
I am sorry to go on like that but I really appriecate you sharing this story and I had just received one of those confirmation by the spirit about the Priesthood.
We love you and your family, please let your Dad know we are praying for him.

Bonnie Joanne said...

Well, I'm not sure where to start my heart feels so full when I begin to think this all over. I am so grateful Uncle Will is doing better and better still! Just like Anjuli my tears just start to spill over. When I first heard the news it was a voice mail and I wasn't sure I even heard it right and I thought he might not make it. It surprised me how it instantly crushed my soul. We all here at our home have put a lot of faith into Will's recovery so much so that even when we were all asked to fast my 3 year old son Trey decided to fast of his own free will until 3:30pm that day. If you only could have heard his prayer to the lord for Will, you would have known the lord is caring for him. Anyway, it makes me so happy to see yours and all of our families pull closer together when trouble arises. Please know we all love you and you are in our prayers! Tell Will, the Hunts, Footes, Ligons, and Merkleys love him!