Friday, September 7, 2007

News as Promised!

So my dad pointed out that as far as the blog is concerned, people probably still visualize him laying in bed, immobile, zombie like...all due to my poor blogging skills. So, I am going to innundate you all with info and pictures to get eveyone caught up. Just so I do not need to put a caption with every photo here are some things the photos entail:
Right before my dad was checked out of Rehab he wanted me to get photos of him doing the hand bike, the bike and walking up adn down stairs. There is also a photo of him doing his finger exercises ( his hands are getting better every day!) Next would be his first trip home where he waled to his garden (his baby) and got a feel for being home and how he was going to deal.
On Aug. 25th Emily and I threw him a surprise 50th B-day. We were all a little anxious as to how he would take it (being overwhelmiing and all) but it really lifted his spirits and he was able to see old friends, ward members and family that hadn't been able to see him in a while. He walked in the door, we said surprise, we clapped, we sang Happy Birthday and he cried (he's a sensitive guy and he is not ashamed of it :) The theme was celebrate our superhero and quite a few people came dressed for the occasion. About 50 people showed up so the house was packed and full of joy and life. Emily and I sang the song from the musical Wicked for him called "For Good".
There are photos of his first trip to Sacrament meeting, with a shirt tailored around his HALO so he could feel as normal as possible. He has been back to the office and taking charge and never ceases to think up projects we call all do for him around the house...always the delegator.
Anywho, here are the pics. And please don't hesitate to leave notes, he loves to read them even if they are only a few lines, it lets him know who is looking at the blog. And let me know if you have questions, I will answer them via the blog.














6 comments:

Joy said...

Loved your song girls - I am sitting here with tears dripping...Happy Birthday Will! Are you really 50?!

Anjuli Fry said...

Looking awesome Uncle Will!! I am glad to see you doing well!!! Awesome song Girls!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your progress! You are in our prayers daily...Look forward to seeing you in Florida again, old man! Happy belated birthday!

Daniel B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel B. said...

I removed my first comment because it was only one word...and seriously, one word doesn't do justice....unless that word is AWESOME...

Then it gets us on a good start. I've been waiting to hear updates, and I'm so excited to see you doing well. You look like you could tear the ears off a Gondar! Keep it up. We (Britt and I) pray for you in each prayer (i know that sounds cheasy, but we do). Thanks for sharing, and thanks for being great. An example to me and an inspiration.

Ok. Peace out.

Daniel B. said...

March 16, 2008...
Boy we could sure use another update! I just found this link to via the kids blogs and was so thrilled to hear and see the progress and growth. We do think of you and wonder often how its going.
Havalah made a goal last week(her first ever after years of soccer) in their intramural soccer league at the Y. Not only were we thrilled to hear of her making the goal but to just realize she is running. After her fall and recovery last year there seems an inherent humility to just recognize the blessings of protection and healing.
May God continue to bless your healing and the family and faith that is behind it.
Love
Howie